FUMCCR Email Blast for October 19, 2022
This Sunday, October 19
Sermon: “We Pray” . . . . Scripture: Luke 18: 9-14
Join us for worship at 9:00 (modern) or at 10:45 am (traditional) in the sanctuary. Remember to wear your nametag.
Both services are live-streamed. To find our live stream go to linktr.ee/castlerockfumc and click on either the YouTube or Facebook option.
Reminder: John Redmond returns on October 30 to grace both of our services with his inspiring music.
In Our Prayers -- Please lift up the following people in your prayers:
Sarah McAneny, Naomi Dickerson, Betty Grant, Dave Archer, Patty Claussen, Joanne Fields-
Daley, Diane Jones, Jan and Bud Richter, Cynthia and Tom Johnson, the family of Darold
Seeley, the family of Gary Carstens, the family of Austen Lobato, grandson of Joe and Judy
Trunk or Treat is next week in the church parking lot October 25 from 6-7 pm. Please leave your donation in the box provided at the Welcome Center by Monday at noon.
Auction Baskets are still available for you to fill with donated items on Sunday October 15.
Check with Leslie Spencer at the Welcome Desk between services,
New Church Photo Directory: Each Sunday, through October 30th, we will have pictures taken for a New Photo Directory. An in-house project, the cost will be $10 to help cover the cost. You will be emailed a digital copy of your family photo for you to print at your local photo shop (Walgreen’s, Walmart, Shutterfly). Please be sure your current email is on file with the church. If you are interested in helping with this project, contact Pastor Matt (email@example.com).
Harvest Dinner Information
Harvest Dinner Tickets will be on sale this Sunday after each service: Adults $15; Seniors (65+) $12; Children (6-12) $9; Children 5 and under, free. Harvest Dinner! Turkey Bakers Needed! We are in need of a few more people to volunteer for the turkey preparations (pick up on October 23, returned by 1 pm on October 29). If you are able to help, please sign up at Welcome Center. More ways to volunteer:
· Baking pies and/or making a monetary donation
· Working set-up and first shift, 4-8 pm on 10/29
· Working in the kitchen (or at the buffet) from 3-7 pm on 10/29
· Delivering meals
Anyone who would like to help Leah Circle provide 25 dozen dinner rolls for the Harvest Dinner, please contact Julie Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 303-981-4027.
Deadline for November newsletter has been extended to Monday, October 25.
S.O.C.K. Volunteers are needed to provide and prepare meals for our Tuesday afternoon
SOCK program (Serving Our Community Kids). Sign up at the Welcome Center.
Just 2 Sundays remain to help support the Missions Team Fall Food Drive October 23 an on October 30. Add your nonperishable food items to All goods will be taken to the Help and Hope Center that benefits area families in need.
Time and Talent pledge sheets are available at the Welcome Center. Items previously
successful at the auction include homemade jelly, cakes, and breads; a round of golf or restaurant gift certificates; donating time to garden, paint or other home repairs; quilt instruction; tutoring; sharing your artistic or craft products; or providing your week at a timeshare.
Want to become more familiar with #beUMC ? Take a look at the video from the UMC website.
Save these dates:
· October 17 (in person) October 22 (on Zoom) Rev. Sarah’s Contemporary Discussion start dates for discussion of Adam Hamilton’s book Forgiveness.
· October 25: Trunk or Treat in the church parking lot, 6 pm
· October 29: Harvest Dinner; 4:30-7 pm
· October 30: Collecting for Help and Hope Food Drive
· October 30: John Redmond, guest musician, both services
· November 2: Pastor Matt’s monthly coffee hour at Crowfoot Coffee, 7:45 am
· November 6: Time and Talent Auction, immediately following the 10:45 service.
· November 16: Charge Conference on Zoom, 6:30 pm; details to follow
· December 4: Annual Cookie Walk, sponsored by United Women in Faith
Upper Room and copies of the October Newsletter are available at the Welcome Center.
Please contact the church office for links to these Zooms:
· Stephen Ministry Supervision meets the second and fourth Thursdays at 6:30 pm on Zoom
· Rev. Sarah’s Contemporary Discussion Group, Fridays starting October 22 through November11 2022 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
· Coffee Time with Rev. Sarah every at Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m.
Reminder: Social Media Have Been Updated to help us be easier to find and connect with.
All the links in one place: https://linktr.ee/castlerockfumc
No one is useless in this world who lightens the burden of another.
Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.
John 12: 26